The University Of California, Berkeley – USA is offering MasterCard scholarship programs to African students who have interest in undergoing a degree program at the Institution.
This scholarship program will provide holistic support – financial, academic, social, and career counseling to students from Sub-Saharan Africa. It aims to benefit 15,000 young people over 10 years, mostly in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Masters: Varies by Program (Deadlines of applicable Fields of Study fall between November 2018 to January 2019).
MBA: 27th September 2018 & 10th January 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
- Architecture (M.Arch)
- Art (MFA)
- Business Administration (MBA)*
- City & Regional Planning (MCP)
- Development Practice (MDP)
- Education (DMS, EMST, or MUSE)
- Energy & Resources (ERG)
- Engineering (M.Eng, MS)
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), various concentrations
- Master of Science Civil and Environmental Engineering (MS)
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (MS)
- Mechanical Engineering (MS)
- Folklore (MA)
- Journalism (MJ)
- Information Management & Systems (MIMS)
- Public Health (MPH), various concentrations
- Public Policy (MPP)
- Social Welfare (MSW)
- MBA. However, a student would need to secure additional funding from Haas Business School through obtaining Haas scholarships, which requires meeting the Round One application deadline (21st September 2017)
- be Africans
- have completed their bachelors degree program
- first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the Scholarship.
- be extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions.
- be engaged in activities beyond the classroom.
- be passionate about issues affecting their communities
- have outstanding academic grades
Source: New feed